Welcome to Zen Shiatsu Portland
Located at 5429 SE Gladstone Street, Portland Oregon 97206
just south of SE Foster Road, between 54th & 56th Avenues.
What is Shiatsu?
This word "Shiatsu" in Japanese means simply “finger pressure”, yet Shiatsu is a sophisticated Healing Art that has evolved from the same ancient system that developed into Acupuncture. Instead of inserting needles into points, we use pressure from our thumbs, palms, and sometimes elbows and knees along the 12 meridians or channels – lines of energy or life force - that flow through the body. Our goal is to create a more balanced distribution of the different aspects of life force that flow through these meridians, helping the body, mind & spirit to integrate.
Shiatsu is a powerful tool for achieving and maintaining your optimum wellness, useful for treating musculoskeletal issues, as well as contributing to more restful sleep, improved circulation and joint mobility. Shiatsu does not require the use of oil or lotion and is done through clothing. Most of our clients wear loose, comfortable clothes such as sweat pants and a tee shirt.
Common conditions addressed by Shiatsu:
- chronic pain and tight muscles anywhere including the low back, neck & shoulders
- chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis
- tension and migraine headaches
- tired, sluggish feeling, low energy
- sinus congestion and pain
- boost immune system and vitality
- constipation or digestive irregularities
- Motor Vehicle Accidents, medical treatment at a standstill
- keeping life on an even keel, energetic “tune-up”
- severe scoliosis, managing chronic pain